15 June 2008

Thoughts On Sovereignty, Service and Other Stuff


Sovereignty
noun
rightful status, independence, or prerogative

I've been thinking about how we hold sacred space for others, how we help others maintain their dignity and the role each of us plays in offering the gift of sovereignty.

There are no definitive conclusions yet... just more considerations as the days pass. I think each of these explorations deserves its own mindful assessment, but for the purposes of this note, they are lumped together because there's a common thread: We are here to be of service to each other... in some form, in some fashion, in some way. We do it based on our unique talents, our preferences and a myriad of other components, but nevertheless, a sense of service is prominent.

Do you realize only you can make your valuable and irreplaceable contribution? That if your light doesn't shine, the world and its inhabitants feel the impact? That you are precious and valuable even when you feel or think your life makes no difference?

My personal "business" card says, "Charlon Bobo, Muse, Seer of Potential, Divine Guide." I tell you this because it is becoming so much more clear to me that we need to support each other. I exist to reflect your glory. I serve as a reminder and model that we need to be more accessible and transparent. We must step up to provide an element of dignity where its lacking. We must learn what it is to live and breathe spiritual sovereignty. We must give voice and life to all forms of justice. We must be bold and fearless when living our lives. For they are of the few things that matter as we create a new collective based in love.

I can only be the best Charlon I can be. You can only be the best you you can be, but it's incumbent upon each of of us to step into our roles and do what we agreed to do. I cannot play your role and you cannot play mine. It takes a global village to accomplish greatness. Let's do it!

What's your role?


No comments: