01 October 2008

It *IS* All About You!


Recently I wrote about "it" *not* being about you.

Having said that, I'd like to give voice to another -- seemingly conflicting -- truth (a dear soulmate taught me that more than one thing can be true at a time):

It's *IS* ALL about you!

Let me explain.

Your life should be everything YOU want it to be. Making decisions and choices with your highest interest as the primary consideration isn't always easy, though. I understand. However, once you get into the habit, it is easier and comes naturally.

It's important to honor ourselves in this way because it sets clear boundaries and eliminates the possibility that you'd do something for which you'd be resentful later. Life's just too short to do--or continue doing--things that cost us in precious life energy.


No comments: