23 August 2010

Repurpose your content: a surefire way to make delivering fresh content more manageable and save your sanity in the process


You didn't go into business to lose your mind.

Developing and delivering regular content can be daunting simply because of the sheer volume required; original content for newsletters, updates, blogs, article marketing, FaceBook, Twitter.... On and on it goes, where it stops, nobody knows.

I learned a long time ago that if I was going to do a superior job as an online marketer, I had to implement a system. There was no way humanly possible that I could create original content for every application. So, I execute this strategy every week and it has worked beautifully for several years now. I share it with you in hopes it can lighten your load and free up some time and energy for other business-development tasks:
  1. Write one or two original articles for the weekly newsletter.
  2. Write one or two very short personal quotations, quicktips or life insights.
  3. After the newsletter goes out on Mondays, all this content is repurposed.
  4. Article(s) is/are submitted to my ezinearticles.com account (to feed my ongoing article marketing campaign).
  5. Article(s) is/are queued to post on my blog approximately 2-3 days apart (this keeps the blog content fresh).
  6. 5 or so segments of less than 140 characters are clipped from the articles and insights as stand-alone posts for social networking sites (Twitter+Facebook+Indie Beauty).
  7. As I see posts, articles and rich content throughout the week from multiple outside sources, these inspire content ideas for the next newsletter.
  8. The cycle begins again.

Work smarter. This is a business marketing machine that with minimal effort on your part, organically runs itself with a continuing influx and outflow of content, allowing you to actually enjoy the myriad benefits of creating materials once that have many applications.


No comments: