19 October 2009

From Trauma To Triumph: One Woman’s Empowering Journey From Fragmented Child To Conscious Entrepreneur (excerpt from book Overcomers, Inc.)

As strange as it even seems to me at times, the lessons of my childhood journey are applicable to every aspect of my life, including the everyday operations of my soulful business. As a conscious entrepreneur, I pull from this experience often to guide me. I’d like to share with you the five key insights of my pilgrimage:


1. Protective mechanisms are in place whether or not I realize or acknowledge them.

I don’t always understand why a project fails to materialize or a serious prospect seems to change her mind. I do know there exists an over-arching structure and order that conspires on my behalf to bring about my highest personal and professional growth. Whatever that wisdom, I can trust it absolutely.


2. My ”story” doesn’t define who I am.

I am a vibrant business owner who grows every day, and occasionally stumbles and falls on my bum! Because I constantly create myself anew, nothing from my past can effectively define or imprison me. I consciously choose to “bring my best game” to every day and know that’s enough.

3. Innate wisdom effortlessly guides me to the most opportune time to take action.

When in doubt, I do nothing until ultimate clarity presents itself. Although daily action is a crucial component in accomplishing my goals, I can also watch nature and use Her guidance to positively influence my actions. Nature provides a silent, fallow season – winter – to turn inward to rest and restore. Using this model, I reap the most benefit from my efforts. Smart living requires me to balance action with equal inaction.

4. My history doesn’t determine my level of success.

I can accomplish any lofty goal I imagine regardless of any perceived limitations. The past doesn’t dictate my future. I gift myself the pleasure and freedom to envision a life of my design. Family-of-origin, childhood circumstances, real or perceived impediments, lack of skills, none of these compare to the capacity of the human spirit to realize dreams.


5. I choose victimhood or empowerment every day with my words, thoughts, and actions.

We do not control the actions of others and yet we may be drawn into their drama. Like cast members of a play, energetically we agreed to these roles to teach AND learn. No matter my external circumstances, my responses can only come from one of two places: damage or abundance. I choose abundance.



May you be profoundly blessed by reading my story and take from it any value that forever nourishes your soul.




From Overcomers, Inc.; True Stories of Hope, Courage and Inspiration. To get your own copy and receive dozens of bonus gifts go to
http://www.overcomersbook.com/booklaunch


2 comments:

Kimberly Martin said...

Hello Charlon,

Thank you so much for having the courage to write your very powerful and special chapter in the upcoming anthology Overcomers, Inc.
It's such a pleasure to share the pages of this soon-to-be best-selling book with you!

Warmly,
Kimberly

charlon bobo, best-selling author, Business visionary and Empowermentor said...

Hi, Kimberly~

Everyone has a story to tell and I am thrilled to share mine. And look at you! I absolutely LOVED your story about being a sales person and reframing your offerings to truly be of service to others. Your story completely shifted my thinking. Thank you.

I wish you every success with the book.

Blessings,