19 October 2009

Getting Older (and Over!) The ”Not Enough” Syndrome by Marlene Oulton

Shortly before my 49th birthday I decided to boldly go where many had dared to go before me and become an entrepreneur. On April 15, 2006, my company, Write Choice Virtual Assistants, was born. I had tons of administrative experience to draw upon and based my services on these skill sets. Yet in the back of my mind I kept thinking, “You know, I really love to write and proofread. Wouldn’t it be cool if I could manage to get some work along those lines?”

By this time the Universe, God, and I had formed a formidable triangle of mutual respect and love, so I shouldn’t have been surprised when requests to proofread/edit and write articles, ebooks, website content etc. started to flow into my inbox. I had finally become “enough.”

I have now redefined ”enough” in my world today as follows:

  • If I treat people with love, kindness and respect, that is “enough.”

  • If I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and food on my table, that is ”enough.”

  • If I can help another human being on this journey called life, that is ”enough.”

  • If I do my work conscientiously, with care and love, that is ”enough.”

  • If I am at peace with and within myself, that is ”enough.”

May you be more ”enough” than you ever imagined possible!


From Overcomers, Inc.; True Stories of Hope, Courage and Inspiration. To get your own copy and receive dozens of bonus gifts go to http://www.overcomersbook.com/booklaunch


No comments: