01 February 2008

True Prosperity Must Be Based In Spirit

My promise is to give you content inspired by everyday life. This week, while managing the business of my life, I came across a book that has had an enormous impact on me. It is so timely.

I read a great deal about prosperity and this book provides support to a recent thought process. We read and hear so much about prosperity -- mostly financial -- and yet so many sources tell us if we set our intent, the manifesting begins.

True, in part, but setting our intent is just a start.

The book is titled, “The Spiritual Basis of Real Prosperity.” The author is Roy Eugene Davis. From the back cover, “The words prosper and prosperity are derived from Latin prosperus: fortunate. To prosper is to always be in a continuous flow of resources and supportive events and relationships.”

According to the book, what prevents us from experiencing true prosperity is weakened and wasted vital forces brought on by:
  • Superficial, useless talking
  • Unhealthy dietary habits
  • Irregular lifestyle routines
  • Addictive behaviors
  • Restlessness
  • Purposeless actions

That says it all, doesn’t it?

I ponder how my daily choices move me closer or further away from true prosperity. I’d much rather be:
  • Energetic, enthusiastic and glad to be alive
  • Enjoying life
  • Goal-oriented
  • Sincerely committed to awakening to my full spiritual potential as quickly as possible
  • Abundant in energy
  • Using my energy wisely

I love thought-provoking reading material. This book definitely delivers.

No comments: